Transportation of nuclear material and radioactive substances has been Sosny’s traditional service since 1992. Activities of the Transportation Division:
- development of methods and inspection of radioactive material,
- analysis of inventory and condition of NM transport equipment,
- development of optimum transport plans,
- development of equipment and tools for the transport of radioactive material,
- studies of radiation impact on the personnel, the public and the environment during the transport of radioactive material.
The Company has many spent fuel assemblies delivered from Russian NPPs to the Research Institute of Atomic Reactors, Dimitrovgrad for post-irradiation examinations on its credit. In the course of the years, the Company has shipped more than 60 SFAs from Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian NPPs, as well as experimental and standard SFAs from propulsion reactors of the Russian nuclear powered icebreakers.
Since 2002, the Company has been an active participant of the International Program on Russian Research Reactor Fuel Return (RRRFR Program).
In recent years, the Company has joined in domestic transport of the spent fuel from research and power-grade reactors. In 2011, shipments of the spent fuel from SSC IPPE and a pilot batch of non-conforming SFAs of the RBMK-1000 reactor from the Leningrad NPP to Mayak PA were successfully completed.