To: Director of Sosny R&D Company V.P. Smirnov
Dear Mr. Smirnov,
On behalf of the Leningrad NPP team I would like to express my gratitude to Sosny R&D Company for many years of cooperation and inestimable contribution your staff has made implementing nuclear fuel management projects of great importance to the plant:
1. First shipment of pilot leaky SFA batch from Unit 2 to Mayak PA.
2. Commissioning and maximizing performance of the facility for cutting and encapsulation of conforming spent fuel rod bundles before long-term dry storage at the Mining and Chemical Combine.
3. Organization of regular large-scale shipments of non-conforming SFAs from the SNF storage facility to Mayak PA.
4. Development of the procedure to reuse the SFAs from shutdown Unit 1 and Unit 2 at Unit 3 and Unit 4 of the plant.
5. Development, fabrication and delivery of SFA rinsing equipment to Unit 3 to free the space between the fuel rods from foreign objects.
6. Safety analysis of joint storage of TK-S6 container with RBMK-1000 fresh fuel assemblies and TK-S5 container with VVER-1200 fresh fuel assemblies at the fresh fuel storage facility.
Let me say special thanks to the following members of Sosny team who took the active part in implementation of the above mentioned projects: Chesanov V.V., Dorofeev A.N., Komarov S.V., Kanashov B.A., Bogatov P.V., Perepelkin S. O., Samsonov A.A., Alekseev A.A., Derganov D.V., Gayazov A.Z., Khudyakov A.V.
Hope to continue fruitful cooperation of our organizations.
Deputy Director General, Rosenergoatom Concern – Director of the Leningrad NPP