The Pilot Production Facility (PPF) was set up in 2014. It produces standard and unique high-tech equipment for nuclear and other industries.
The PPF offers complete cycle of product manufacturing - from technological development of the design documentation to packing and shipping.
Total production area – 3474 m2, staff – 118 persons.
The equipment is produced to the design documentation developed by the Company’s engineering design department (up to 90% of all products) and to the customer-supplied drawings.
Quality Management System of the PPF is certified in compliance with ISO 9001. Quality control of the products is performed by the certified experts on each stage of the production process.
The PPF includes Engineering Service, whose team elaborates step-by-step manufacture procedure of products, chooses appropriate raw materials and components, provides CNC programming, develops and qualifies welding procedures, designs testing equipment.
Machining workshops carries out such operations as:
- band saw cutting of rolled stock :
|– maximum diameter||550 mm|
- water jet cutting of sheet stock :
|– maximum part thickness||200 mm|
|– catcher tank length||3000 mm|
|– catcher tank width||1500 mm|
- rolling of carbon and stainless steel sheets :
|– maximum sheet thickness||13 mm|
|– maximum length||3000 mm|
|– minimum radius||260 mm|
- bending of metal sheets and tubes
- heat treatment (quenching, tempering, annealing, air-hardening)
- lathe machining :
|– maximum part diameter||1600 mm|
|– maximum part length||4000 mm|
- CNC milling :
|– maximum part length||2000 mm|
|– maximum part width||1000 mm|
Non-Standard Equipment Fabrication Workshop is intended for assembling units and products and preparation of auxiliary equipment and tooling for testing the ready-made products. The workshop performs :
- machine assembly
- welding (including manual ark welding, TIG welding, semi-automatic arc welding in argon medium, orbital welding)
- weld dressing to meet the required roughness parameters.
The finishing operations area carries out :
- glass blasting
- fabrication of packaging.
Quality Control Department is responsible for operation checking and acceptance of the parts, components and assemblies of a product, as well as for final acceptance of the product as a whole. At every stage of the equipment fabrication following NDE methods are employed :
- visual inspection
- inspection by measurements
- dye penetrant examination
- ultrasonic flaw detection
- radiographical testing
- leak testing using gases and liquids
- optical-emission spectrometry of metals and alloys.
Ready-made non-standard equipment is subject to in-house fit-up assembling and testing.
Sosny R&D Company provides warranty and post-warranty service of the supplied equipment, develops technical documents for its effective use.
Examples of our products